This course will present strategies for the management of traumatic hand and upper extremity injuries, as well as evidence guided strategies to address residual stiffness. Through case discussions participants will learn problem solving strategies including how to approach and manage clinical “disasters”. Gary will demonstrate orthotic fabrication techniques, and help learners understand the various orthotic options available to mobilize the stiff upper extremity. This course is geared toward intermediate level practitioners, but learners of all levels are encouraged to attend. A certificate of completion will be issued to all participants completing this CEU requirement.
Topics to include:
- Digital / hand fractures and dislocations
- Tendon and nerve injury including repair, and tendon and nerve transfer
- Wrist / forearm and TFCC injuries
- Combined injuries
- Elbow trauma and stiffness
- Hand stiffness -evidence guided interventions to achieve clinical success
- Orthosis demonstration
- Options and decision making processes for the stiff hand
- Case discussions, including clinical “disasters”
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
ADA and Special Requests:
Please contact Right Hand prior to purchase to discuss any particular needs and/or requests.
Right Hand Therapy reserves the right to reschedule a live workshop with fewer than 14 participants and will return all payments. Right Hand Therapy is not responsible for any travel related expenses. Participants must also notify Right Hand Therapy regarding cancellation of registration no less than 21 days prior to the live course for a partial refund (less $75.00 for administrative fees.)